1.) If you would like to join On Line Alpha, On Line Beta, On Line Gamma, On Line Eta, and On Line Lambda On Line Delta, On Line Epsilon, On Line Zeta, On Line Theta, On Line Sigma, On Line Phi, On Line Kappa, On Line Psi On Line Alpha Phi,On Line Omicron, On Line Alpha Alpha (1st Legacy Chapter), and On Line Alpha Gamma
2.) All online chapters are Recognized Chapters. If you are a MAL joining a recognized chapter, you will get credit from INTL for time served. If you are a land chapter member in a recognized chapter, you can earn time for make-up meetings in your land chapter provided your land chapter agrees.
3.) Yes, there is a council for on line chapters, view the Cyber Council pages on line. If you cannot decide on which chapter to join, send your name to the Cyber Council Contact Person, so she may assist you.
|BOOK OF BETA SIGMA PHI - ONLINE CHAPTERS
In 1996 members began to use the Internet to expand connections between Beta Sigma Phi sisters. They talked and shared ideas then asked International if they could try to create chapters online.
International agreed to have Online chapters formed as an experiment to determine if Online chapters could really work and what formats the members preferred. The Online chapters operated for nearly 10 years in an experimental form.
In 2005, Online chapters were recognized officially, allowing members who belonged to them but were not members of an existing “land” chapter to receive degree credit for their online participation. International also allowed each Online chapter to decide if they wished to be an official chapter or just a social chapter. At this time we have a mix of both officially recognized Online chapters and social Online chapters.
By being official, Online chapters follow the rules and regulations of Beta Sigma Phi. However, due to their uniqueness of having members from all over the world participating in these chapters, additional rules have been set up to cover their special needs.
1. Full members of Online chapters are those who belong only to an Online chapter.
2. Members who are active with “land” chapters shall be virtual members of their Online chapters. They do not receive degree credit for their Online chapter participation however these meetings will count as a make up meeting for their “land” chapter.
3. Online chapters must hold programs in order to be accredited chapters. They should have 18 programs per year if possible but no fewer than 12 per year.
4. Rituals may be held online but whenever possible, formal and in person Rituals should be held.
5. Online chapters may pledge members directly into their chapters and pledge train those members through online meetings.
6. Online chapters are held to the same rules as all chapters of Beta Sigma Phi with the addition of those necessary to cover their special online circumstances.
7. Online chapters will send their chapter minutes and chapter monthly reports to International by mail or fax as any other Beta Sigma Phi Chapter.
8. Online chapters will not have degree designation but will be multi degree chapters. Members wanting to use jewelry designating their chapters should pick their own degree unless a special Online chapter form is available.
9. We strongly urge Online chapters not to hold treasuries due to possible oversight. If chapters wish to do large service projects, we suggest members send the money directly to the entity with the notation that it is part of the Online chapter project.
The addition of Online chapters has been a wonderful experience for our members and one we feel will only grow in the future.
From the 2004 edition of “The Book of Beta Sigma Phi” Page 53 & Courtesy of Beta Sigma Phi International
On Line Alpha (90 Members) Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi and Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Beta (63 Members) Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi and Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Gamma (75 Members) Accepting New Members with Pledge Training already completed and Transferees
On Line Delta (41 Members)Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi and Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Epsilon (24 Members) Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi and Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Eta (50 Members)Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi, Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Sigma (33 Members) Waiting List, Will Take New Members to Beta Sigma Phi, Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Theta (21 Members) Takes New Members to Beta Sigma Phi, Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees. There is a waiting period before acceptance is made into the chapter.
On Line Kappa (23 Members) Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi and Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Lambda (25 Members) Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi and Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Psi (21 Members) Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi, Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Omicron (20 Members)Accepts New Members to Beta Sigma Phi, Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Alpha Alpha (4 Members) Accepts New Members and Legacies (18 and older) to Beta Sigma Phi, Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Alpha Gamma (6 Members) Accepts New Members Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
On Line Xi (6 Members) Accepts New Members Pledge Trains and Takes Transferees
Enter your full name
Enter your spouse's name
Enter your on line nick name
Enter your E-mail address
Enter your mailing address
Enter your city
Enter your state / province
Enter your zip
Enter your country Please correct country name, if not USA
Enter your area code / phone number
Enter your member number
Enter your land chapter name / number
Enter degree you now hold (ritual of jewels, exemplar, preceptor, laureate or master)
Enter your Birthdate
Enter your Anniversary
Enter your Pledge Date
# Children / Grandchildren
Your Current Status (New to BSP, Pledge, Active, LOA, MAL)
*If you are Member-at-Large, put MAL in chapter name and number.
Were you sent by the International Membership Department to fill out this application and join an online chapter Yes or No?
Have you belonged to an on line chapter before? If so, are you returning or transfering from another on line chapter? Yes or No?
Will you require pledge training?
Honors (Please describe in comments below.)
What Beta Sigma Phi means to me? (Please complete in comments below.)
What do you expect from the on line chapter? (Complete in comments below.)
What are your hobbies or interests? (Complete in comments below.)Simple Text to image generator to block bots submitting to your form
Comments and More Detailed Information