- There is an informal, comfortable & relaxed feeling about the group.
- Discussion is encouraged, & everyone is given the opportunity to participate.
- The goals of the group should be clearly defined & understood by everyone.
- Members should actively practice listening to each other.
- When there is disagreement, there must be a real attempt to resolve it. Don't allow disagreement to be ignored.
- Decisions need to be reached by general agreement, with all willing to go along with the final outcome.
- Criticism must be given in a constructive way
- Each person must have the freedom to express her feelings & ideas.
- When the action is decided upon by the group, it must be clear whose responsibility each assignment is.
- The leadership of the group is shared, & shifts from time to time.