|#1.Set your rushing goal
#2.Plan and Organize
- How many new members does your chapter NEED?
(Are there enough members to carryout all chapter activities without burdening some or a few?)
- Determine the number of pledges you want
(Consider your present chapter membership strength,
Members on Leave of Absence, Members-at-large, transferees)
- Gather names
Use PenPoint Prospective Member Sheet
Don't make decisions for others!
You won't know until you ask!
Don't be afraid to invite someone you don't know all that well!
- Set dates
Deadlines for obtaining names from chapter members
Deadlines for completing party preparations
For your Rush Party
For your Model Meeting (if applicable)
For the Pledge Ritual (make this very special!)
- Plan the Rush Party
Where it will be
Invitations - easy, clever
Would you want to attend this party if you received it?
Note on the invitation that you will be in touch with her to arrange transportation; sign the invitation, perhaps include the name of the person who referred her.
- Presentation of Beta Sigma Phi
Who will give it?
How? (The Int'l Office Membership Dept. has ideas! Use your imagination, incorporate the Int'l theme, make it informative, interesting, have fun with it! Include ALL chapter members or perhaps one or several others would like to present it together.)
Have one of your chapter members coordinate this
Keep it simple!
- Name Tags
Use theme of your party
Make sure you have plenty for each prospective member
Who will be calling the guests after the invitations have been sent?
Who will arrange transportation to and from meetings?
Who will pick her up, what time?
- Display table
Attractively arranged - to include:
Jewelry (badges, achievement bands)
Favors - a little something special for them to take home with the brochures
- Refer to step #1
- Smile, be friendly, have fun, enjoy yourself. Your guests will be attracted to what they see. Remember, YOU are your chapter's best publicity!
- If all is well planned, organized (refer to step #2), your rush party will go smoothly and you will enjoy great success.
#5.Invitation to Membership
- Arrange transportation - or at least offer
- President and Vice President coordinate this meeting very well! Include:
Brief business meeting
Officer and Committee Chairmen describe their duties
Have an interesting program!
Serve simple refreshments
- You ask them pointedly, sincerely
- YOU take the initiative. If you ASK for results, you'll get them!
- Explain fees carefully
- Excuses indicate interest - she wants to be coaxed which brings reassurance.
- Give date of Pledge Ritual
- Suggestions on how to issue the invitation:
"Please join us!"
"We would really like for you to join us in (name of your chapter)"
"We invite you to join our Golden Circle of Friendship."
- Always be gracious - don't be pushy!
#7.Congratulations! You did it!!!
- President should study, read aloud, rehearse the Pledge Ritual
- President and Vice President should review Pledge Ritual together
- Explain to Pledges what to wear to a Pledge Ritual
- Plan a special, all-out, memorable event for these new Sisters!
- Name tags
- Coordinate the entire event from Ritual Supplies to Refreshments
- Enjoy your new Sorority Sisters!